Jump to Main Content
- Li, Shuyi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2018 v.11 no.4 pp. 864-873
- Jerusalem artichokes; filtrates; filtration; fouling; inulin; mixing; porosity; protein content; turbidity
- ... Jerusalem artichoke is an important plant for industrial inulin production. Jerusalem artichoke extract was clarified by ultra-filtration. Tests were performed to investigate effects of membrane pore size and operation conditions (trans-membrane pressure and rotation speed) on filtration kinetics and membrane-fouling mechanism. Membrane fouling was proved the main filtration resistance for a 20-kD ...
- Li, Shuyi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2015 v.8 no.8 pp. 1680-1689
- anthocyanins; filtration; fouling; models; polyphenols; protein content; solutes; sweet potatoes; ultrasonic treatment
- ... Pulsed ultrasound-assisted extraction with water was carried out to extract valuable compounds from purple sweet potato (PSP). Quality properties and dead-end filtration of PSP extract were investigated. Solutes concentration in PSP extract were 118.60 ± 2.83, 599.8 ± 8.28, and 0.72 ± 0.03 μg mL⁻¹ for total protein, total polyphenol, and total anthocyanin, respectively. Filtration with PES 50 kDa ...