Jump to Main Content
- Benucci, Ilaria, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food and bioproducts processing 2015 v.93 pp. 84-89
- catalytic activity; chitosan; ethanol; grapes; pineapples; proteins; proteolysis; stem bromelain; sulfur dioxide; tannins; winemaking; wines
- ... The catalytic activity of stem bromelain, covalently immobilized on chitosan beads, was characterized towards a synthetic substrate (Bz-Phe-Val-Arg-pNA), in a wine-like acidic medium containing wine inhibitors (ethanol, sulphur dioxide, grape skin and seed tannins), at their average concentration range.For all tested substances, the inhibition constant (Ki) values of immobilized bromelain were sig ...
- Benucci, Ilaria, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food and bioproducts processing 2013 v.91 no.4 pp. 595-598
- Carica papaya; catalytic activity; ethanol; latex; pH; papain; proteolysis; stem bromelain; white wines
- ... Papain from ripe fruit and from papaya latex was characterised, in comparison with stem bromelain, under wine-like conditions, with the aim to evaluate their applicability for white wine stabilization.Papains proteolytic activity was investigated, in McIlvaine buffer toward different synthetic peptide substrates and Bz-Phe-Val-Arg-pNA appeared the most suitable one for detecting proteolytic effect ...