Jump to Main Content
- Đurašević, Siniša; Nikolić, Gorana; Todorović, Ana; Drakulić, Dunja; Pejić, Snežana; Martinović, Vesna; Mitić-Ćulafić, Dragana; Milić, Dragana; Kop, Tatjana J.; Jasnić, Nebojša; Đorđević, Jelena; Todorović, Zoran
- Food and chemical toxicology 2020 v.140 pp. 111302
- DNA; adrenal glands; advanced oxidation protein products; alanine transaminase; alkaline phosphatase; aorta; aspartate transaminase; bacteria; bioaccumulation; biotransformation; blood serum; brain; coconut oil; fullerene; glucose; heart; hepatocytes; histology; homeostasis; insulin resistance; intestinal microorganisms; kidneys; liver; malondialdehyde; olives; oxidation; physicochemical properties; rats; small intestine; spleen; tissues; triacylglycerols
- ... The effects of twelve weeks of supplementation with fullerene C₆₀ olive/coconut oil solution on a broad spectrum of parameters in rats were examined. The tissue bioaccumulation of C₆₀ was shown to be tissue-specific, with the liver, heart, and adrenal glands being the organs of the greatest, and the kidney, brain, and spleen being the organs of the smallest accumulation. C₆₀ did not change asparta ...
- Bracarense, Ana Paula F.L.; Pierron, Alix; Pinton, Philippe; Gerez, Juliana R.; Schatzmayr, Gerd; Moll, Wulf-Dieter; Zhou, Ting; Oswald, Isabelle P.
- Food and chemical toxicology 2020 v.140 pp. 111241
- adverse effects; biotransformation; cadherins; cytokines; deoxynivalenol; diet; dietary exposure; grains; hematologic tests; histology; immunoglobulin A; immunoglobulin G; immunoglobulin M; intestines; liver; lymphatic system; occludins; piglets; swine feeding; tissues; toxicity
- ... Ingestion of deoxynivalenol (DON), one of the most common mycotoxin contaminants of cereals, leads to adverse effects for animal and human health. Bacterial biotransformation is a strategy to mitigate the toxicity of this mycotoxin. The present study aims to evaluate the toxicity of two bacterial biotranformation products of DON: 3-epi-deoxynivalenol (3-epi-DON) and de-epoxy-deoxynivalenol (DOM-1) ...