Jump to Main Content
- Ferreira, Mariana; Larsen, Bodil Katrine; Granby, Kit; Cunha, Sara C.; Monteiro, Carolina; Fernandes, José O.; Nunes, Maria L.; Marques, António; Dias, Jorge; Cunha, Isabel; Castro, L. Filipe C.; Valente, Luisa M.P.
- Food and chemical toxicology 2020 v.140 pp. 111332
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; Saccharina latissima; antioxidants; body weight; cholecalciferol; cholesterol; dietary supplements; fatty acids; fatty-acid synthase; fillets; fish; gene expression; genes; humans; iodine; lipemic effect; lipid metabolism; liver; macroalgae; messenger RNA; muscles; oxidative stress; toxicology; transcription (genetics)
- ... This study aimed to evaluate the impact of diets including increasing amounts (1, 2 and 4%) of an iodine-rich macroalgae, Saccharina latissima, on gene expression and fillet composition of commercial-sized rainbow trout. Liver and muscle expression of genes related to growth, iodine, oxidative stress, and lipid metabolism, and the fillet content of fatty acids, cholesterol, and vitamin D₃ were ass ...
- Eljasik, P.; Panicz, R.; Sobczak, M.; Sadowski, J.; Barbosa, V.; Marques, A.; Dias, J.
- Food and chemical toxicology 2020 v.140 pp. 111300
- Cyprinus carpio; Schizochytrium; algae; aquaculture; body weight; carp; dietary fat; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; fatty acid composition; feed formulation; fish fillets; gene expression; genes; liver; long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids; muscle tissues; nutritive value; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha; salmon oil; triacylglycerols; vegetable oil
- ... Demand for omega-3 long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids has become global challenge for aquaculture and different components have been used to increase nutritional value of fillets. The aim of this study was to evaluate influences of feeds on zootechnical parameters, biochemical plasma parameters, expression of lipid-dependent genes, hepatocyte histomorphologies, and fatty acid profiles in commo ...