Jump to Main Content
- Sengul Uysal; Asli Ugurlu; Gokhan Zengin; Mehmet Cengiz Baloglu; Yasemin Celik Altunoglu; Adriano Mollica; Luisa Custodio; Nuno R. Neng; José M.F. Nogueira; M. Fawzi Mahomoodally
- Food and chemical toxicology 2018 v.111 pp. 525-536
- Bidens tripartita; alpha-glucosidase; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioactive compounds; cell lines; cell viability; chlorogenic acid; computer simulation; cytotoxicity; enzyme inhibition; epicatechin; ethyl acetate; high performance liquid chromatography; hydrogen bonding; methanol; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; plasmids; toxicology; viability assays
- ... Bidens tripartita L. is a traditional phyto-remedy used in several countries, yet there is still a paucity of data on its biological potential. We aimed to provide new insights on the pharmacological potential of extracts prepared from B. tripartita via highlighting its antioxidant, key enzymes inhibitory potency, and DNA protecting effects. Phytochemical profile was established using High-Perform ...
- Andrei Mocan; Alina Diuzheva; Simone Carradori; Vasil Andruch; Chiara Massafra; Cadmiel Moldovan; Cristian Sisea; Jacobus P. Petzer; Anél Petzer; Susi Zara; Guya Diletta Marconi; Gokhan Zengin; Gianina Crișan; Marcello Locatelli
- Food and chemical toxicology 2018 v.119 pp. 189-198
- Prunus domestica; alpha-glucosidase; bioactive compounds; cultivars; cytotoxicity; enzyme inhibition; fibroblasts; food industry; humans; leaves; liquid-phase microextraction; microwave treatment; phenolic compounds; quantitative analysis; toxicology
- ... In the present work, fourteen cultivars of Prunus domestica were analyzed to investigate their phenolic pattern with the purpose of using the leaves as potential resources of bioactive compounds in the pharmaceutical and food industry. Microwave-assisted extraction (MAE), dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction and sugaring-out liquid–liquid extraction techniques were optimized in order to obtain ...