Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Yoon-Jin; Lee, Gina J.; Yi, Sun Shin; Heo, Su-Hak; Park, Cho-Rong; Nam, Hae-Seon; Cho, Moon-Kyun; Lee, Sang-Han
- Food and chemical toxicology 2016 v.97 pp. 96-107
- acetylcysteine, etc ; apoptosis; autophagy; caspase-3; cell viability; chemosensitization; cisplatin; cytotoxicity; drug therapy; membrane potential; mesothelioma; mitochondria; mitochondrial membrane; oxidative stress; resveratrol; staining; toxicology; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Malignant mesothelioma (MM) is characterized by poor responsiveness to current chemotherapeutic drugs, usually owing to high resistance to apoptosis. Here, we investigated chemosensitizing effects of phytochemical resveratrol, in combination with cisplatin, on MM cells. The combination treatment of cisplatin and resveratrol (CDDP/RSV) synergistically induced apoptosis, as evidenced by typical cell ...
- Yeh, Yao-Tsung; Hsu, Yen-Nien; Huang, Sheng-Yun; Lin, Jian-Sheng; Chen, Zi-Feng; Chow, Nan-Haw; Su, Shu-Hui; Shyu, Huey-Wen; Lin, Ching-Chiang; Huang, Wu-Tein; Yeh, Hua; chih, Yu-chia; Huang, Yu-Hsuan; Su, Shu-Jem
- Food and chemical toxicology 2016 v.97 pp. 336-345
- acetylcysteine, etc ; DNA damage; antineoplastic activity; apoptosis; benzyl isothiocyanate; beta-mercaptoethanol; catalase; cyclins; dithiothreitol; drugs; free radical scavengers; glutathione; humans; mannitol; membrane potential; mitochondrial membrane; mouth neoplasms; neoplasm cells; nitric oxide; reactive oxygen species; toxicity; toxicology; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) is a cruciferous vegetable-derived compound with anticancer properties in human cancer cells. However, its anticancer potential and underlying mechanisms remain absent in human oral cancer cells. Results indicate that BITC inhibits growth, promotes G2/M phase arrest and triggers apoptosis of OC2 cells with a minimal toxicity to normal cells. BITC-induced cell death was ...