Jump to Main Content
- Sachdeva, Sherry; Pant, Satish C.; Kushwaha, Pramod; Bhargava, Rakesh; Flora, Swaran J.S.
- Food and chemical toxicology 2015 v.82 pp. 64-71
- acetylcysteine, etc ; acetylcholinesterase; amine oxidase (flavin-containing); antioxidants; cerebellum; cerebral cortex; dopamine; drinking water; glutathione; hippocampus; naringenin; oxidative stress; quercetin; rats; reactive oxygen species; serotonin; sodium; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; toxicology; tungsten; uranium; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Tungsten, recognized recently as an environmental contaminant, is being used in arms and ammunitions as substitute to depleted uranium. We studied the effects of sodium tungstate on oxidative stress, few selected neurological variables like acetylcholinesterase, biogenic amines in rat brain regions (cerebral cortex, hippocampus and cerebellum) and their prevention following co-administration of N- ...
- Gao, Xiaoya; Zhang, Xiaochao; Wang, Yawen; Wang, Yunfang; Peng, Shiqi; Fan, Caimei
- Food and chemical toxicology 2015 v.80 pp. 52-61
- acetylcysteine, etc ; antioxidants; apoptosis; bismuth; cytoskeleton; cytotoxicity; flow cytometry; humans; image analysis; in vitro studies; interphase; keratinocytes; lysosomes; mitochondria; nanosheets; oxidative stress; risk assessment; toxicology; transmission electron microscopes; transmission electron microscopy; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... As an emerging nanomaterial, bismuth oxychloride (BiOCl) has attracted explosive interests in diverse areas. However, how it interfaces with biological systems, particularly its interaction with human cells and the resulting effects are completely unknown. In this paper, the cytotoxicity of BiOCl nanosheets (NSs) was investigated toward a human skin derived cell line (HaCaT). It was found that BiO ...