Jump to Main Content
- Vidé, Joris; Romain, Cindy; Feillet-Coudray, Christine; Bonafos, Béatrice; Cristol, Jean Paul; Fouret, Gilles; Rouanet, Jean-Max; Gaillet, Sylvie
- Food and chemical toxicology 2015 v.80 pp. 108-113
- rats, etc ; dietary exposure; genes; dietary supplements; blood; behavior change; oxidative stress; Spirulina; males; toxicology; superoxide anion; females; animal disease models; superoxide dismutase; bones; aorta; toxicity; thiols; mortality; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; pathophysiology; liver; catalase; silicon; inflammation; hypertension; interleukin-6; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Silicon has beneficial effects especially on bones and skin and is important in cardiovascular pathophysiology. Furthermore, in spontaneously hypertensive rats, it reduces hypertension and increases antihypertensive and antiatherogenic gene expressions in the aorta. Thus, incorporating silicon into spirulina could be a way to produce a bioavailable food supplement.The potential toxic effects of si ...
- Zhao, Shuangshuang; Li, Naren; Zhen, Yongzhan; Ge, Maoxu; Li, Yi; Yu, Bin; He, Hongwei; Shao, Rong-guang
- Food and chemical toxicology 2015 v.86 pp. 202-207
- rats, etc ; alanine transaminase; apoptosis; aspartate transaminase; bile; bile acids; bile ducts; bilirubin; blood serum; collagen; drinking water; drugs; fibrosis; high density lipoprotein; histopathology; hydroxyproline; immunohistochemistry; inflammation; liver; liver cirrhosis; necrosis; nitric oxide; oxidation; oxidative stress; protective effect; superoxide dismutase; tissues; toxicology; transcription factor NF-kappa B; urine; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... Gastrodin has been showed to possess many beneficial physiological functions, including protection against inflammation and oxidation and apoptosis. Studies showed inflammation and oxidation play important roles in producing liver damage and initiating hepatic fibrogenesis. However, it has not been reported whether gastrodin has a protective effect against hepatic fibrosis or not. This is first ev ...