Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Mingxia; Chuang Key, Chia-Chi; Weckerle, Allison; Boudyguina, Elena; Sawyer, Janet K.; Gebre, Abraham K.; Spoo, Wayne; Makwana, Om; Parks, John S.
- Food and chemical toxicology 2018 v.113 pp. 287-295
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; adipocytes; blood glucose; body weight changes; brown adipose tissue; droplets; energy; epididymis; fatty acids; inflammation; insulin; insulin resistance; lipolysis; males; mice; nicotine; physical activity; toxicology; triacylglycerols; weight loss; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Although epidemiological data and results from rodent studies support an inverse relationship between nicotine consumption and body weight, the molecular mechanisms are poorly understood. CD-1 mice were fed a basal diet or a basal diet containing low or high dose smokeless tobacco blend or high dose nicotine tartrate for 14 weeks. High dose tobacco blend and nicotine tartrate diets vs. basal diet ...
- Stanfill, Stephen B.; Oliveira da Silva, André Luiz; Lisko, Joseph G.; Lawler, Tameka S.; Kuklenyik, Peter; Tyx, Robert E.; Peuchen, Elizabeth H.; Richter, Patricia; Watson, Clifford H.
- Food and chemical toxicology 2015 v.82 pp. 50-58
- smokeless tobacco, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Nicotiana rustica; camphor; carcinogens; coumarin; eugenol; flavor; nicotine; nitrosamines; nose; pH; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; public health; toxicology; South America; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Rapé, a diverse group of smokeless tobacco products indigenous to South America, is generally used as a nasal snuff and contains substantial amount of plant material with or without tobacco. Previously uncharacterized, rapé contains addictive and harmful chemicals that may have public health implications for users. Here we report % moisture, pH, and the levels of total nicotine, un-ionized nicotin ...
- PubMed Central: