Jump to Main Content
- Abreu, Rui M.V., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2020 v.137 pp. 111189
- Gram-positive bacteria; Juglans regia; anti-inflammatory activity; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; cell culture; cell lines; chemical constituents of plants; coumaric acids; crop production; cytotoxicity; flavonols; hemolysis; hulls; naphthalene; neoplasms; nitric oxide; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; walnuts; wastes
- ... Juglans regia L. (walnut) green husks are an important fraction of waste resulting from the walnut production, thus representing an interesting natural matrix to explore as a source of bioactive compounds. In this work, the hydroethanolic extract of walnut green husks was studied considering the phytochemical composition and the biological activity using different cell model assays, most of them e ...
- Abreu, Rui M.V., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2018 v.112 pp. 383-392
- Pleurotus sajor-caju; adjuvants; antineoplastic activity; apoptosis; caspase-3; cell cycle checkpoints; cell lines; colorectal neoplasms; computer simulation; cytotoxicity; dietary supplements; hexane; hydrophobicity; inhibitory concentration 50; membrane potential; mitochondrial membrane; mushrooms; neoplasm cells; therapeutics
- ... Pleurotus sajor-caju (PSC) is an edible mushroom used in food supplements, presenting antitumor properties through induction of cell death pathways. The PSC potential against colorectal cancer was analyzed by exposing HCT116wt cells to different PSC extracts. The PSC n-hexane extract (PSC-hex) showed the highest cytotoxicity effect (IC50 value 0.05 mg/mL). The observed cytotoxicity was then associ ...