Jump to Main Content
- Daguer, Heitor, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2018 v.113 pp. 187-197
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Hibiscus sabdariffa; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; bioactive compounds; calyx; cell lines; color; cytotoxicity; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; inhibitory concentration 50; lethal concentration 50; liquid chromatography; myrtillin; neoplasm cells; pH; temperature
- ... Hibiscus sabdariffa calyx is a rich source of anthocyanins and other bioactive compounds but no study reported the effects of experimental conditions on the extraction of these chemical compounds. Therefore, the effects of time and extraction temperature on the bioactive compounds and antioxidant activity of Hibiscus sabdariffa calyx were evaluated. In addition, the effects of copigmentation and p ...
- Daguer, Heitor, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2018 v.118 pp. 439-453
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Centaurea cyanus; anthocyanins; antihypertensive effect; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; cell death; cell lines; corolla; coumarin; cytotoxicity; ferulic acid; functional properties; inhibitory concentration 50; isoquercitrin; lipid peroxidation; p-coumaric acid; pH; plant extracts; reactive oxygen species; statistical analysis; temperature
- ... This study aimed to optimise the experimental conditions of extraction of the phytochemical compounds and functional properties of Centaurea cyanus petals. The following parameters were determined: the chemical composition (LC-ESI-MS/MS), the effects of pH on the stability and antioxidant activity of anthocyanins, the inhibition of lipid peroxidation, antioxidant activity, anti-hemolytic activity, ...