Jump to Main Content
- Lang, Tian-Qi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2017 v.105 pp. 214-222
- Oryza sativa; adverse effects; blood chemistry; body weight changes; diet; essential amino acids; food consumption; hematologic tests; histology; histopathology; lysine; metabolic engineering; metabolism; rats; rice; toxicology; transgenic plants
- ... Lysine is considered to be the first essential amino acid in rice. An elite High-Free-Lysine transgenic line HFL1 was previously produced by metabolic engineering to regulate lysine metabolism. In this study, a 90-day toxicology experiment was undertaken to investigate the potential health effect of feeding different doses of HFL1 rice to Sprague-Dawley rats. During the trial, body weight gain, fo ...
- Tian, Qi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2013 v.56 pp. 204-213
- Western blotting; angiogenesis; breast neoplasms; cell invasion; cytotoxicity; death; gelatin; metastasis; neoplasm cells; patients; secretion; toxicology; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Invasion, either directly or via metastasis formation, is the main cause of death in cancer patients, development of efficient anti-invasive agents is an important research challenge. In order to obtain more potent inhibitors, a series of brartemicin analogs were synthesized and evaluated for their inhibitory activity against invasion. Among the synthetic analogs tested, DMBT, 6,6′-bis (2,3-dimeth ...