Jump to Main Content
- Estévez, Miriam; Güell, Carme; De Lamo-Castellví, Sílvia; Ferrando, Montserrat
- Food chemistry 2019 v.272 pp. 478-487
- adsorption; biopolymers; carboxymethylcellulose; emulsifiers; emulsions; encapsulation; grape seed extract; grape seeds; gum arabic; hydrophilicity; pH; polyphenols; protein content; sodium caseinate
- ... The ability of electrostatic complexes made up of sodium caseinate (NaCAS) and a polysaccharide, carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) or gum Arabic (GA), to retain polyphenols from grape seed extract when encapsulated in W1/O/W2 emulsions was compared to that of the single NaCAS (1%). Both electrostatic complexes (0.5% NaCAS – 0.375% CMC and 0.5% NaCAS – 0.5%GA at pH 5.6) used as hydrophilic emulsifiers ...
- Chen, Kuei-Hsiang; Chou, Shin-Ying; Chang, Yu-Kaung
- Food chemistry 2019 v.272 pp. 619-627
- adsorbents; adsorption; binding capacity; buffers; carbonates; chromatography; egg albumen; fluidized beds; hydrophobicity; ionic strength; liquids; lysozyme; pH; sodium chloride
- ... The commercial STREAMLINE Direct HST adsorbent was employed to investigate the adsorption characteristics of lysozyme in complex chicken egg white (CEW). The effects of operating parameters, including adsorption pH, ionic strength, and hydrophobicity of liquids on binding capacity, were examined using a well-mixed contactor. To determine the elution strategy, the experiments were carried out in a ...