Jump to Main Content
- Mir, Nisar A.; Riar, Charanjit S.; Singh, Sukhcharn
- Food chemistry 2019 v.272 pp. 165-173
- Chenopodium; Food and Agriculture Organization; alkali treatment; amino acid composition; chemical precipitation; color; dispersibility; dispersions; emulsifying properties; emulsions; foaming; foaming capacity; isoleucine; leucine; limiting amino acids; nutrition assessment; pH; protein isolates; seeds; solubility; valine; water binding capacity
- ... Alkali extraction and acid precipitation methods were adopted to isolate protein from quinoa and album seeds of variety Chenopodium. Different pH dispersions (3–11) of isolated proteins were prepared and effects of pH and holding time on protein characteristics were evaluated. The pH-10 of extraction medium was found suitable for protein extraction on the basis of yield, purity, solubility and col ...
- Liu, Dasong; Zhang, Jie; Yang, Tianyi; Liu, Xiaoming; Hemar, Yacine; Regenstein, Joe M.; Zhou, Peng
- Food chemistry 2019 v.272 pp. 539-548
- calcium; casein; emulsifying properties; heat stability; micelles; milk protein concentrate; pH; skim milk; solubility; solubilization; spray drying
- ... This study investigates the effects of pre-acidification (pH 6.7–5.4) of skim milk, followed by pH-restoration of the retentates, on spray-drying performance, physico-chemical properties and functionality of the resulting milk protein concentrate (MPC). Powder recovery decreased with decreasing pH of pre-acidification but improved with pH-restoration. Colloidal calcium was gradually solubilized wi ...