Jump to Main Content
- Mir, Nisar A.; Riar, Charanjit S.; Singh, Sukhcharn
- Food chemistry 2019 v.272 pp. 165-173
- Chenopodium; Food and Agriculture Organization; alkali treatment; amino acid composition; chemical precipitation; color; dispersibility; dispersions; emulsifying properties; emulsions; foaming; foaming capacity; isoleucine; leucine; limiting amino acids; nutrition assessment; pH; protein isolates; seeds; solubility; valine; water binding capacity
- ... Alkali extraction and acid precipitation methods were adopted to isolate protein from quinoa and album seeds of variety Chenopodium. Different pH dispersions (3–11) of isolated proteins were prepared and effects of pH and holding time on protein characteristics were evaluated. The pH-10 of extraction medium was found suitable for protein extraction on the basis of yield, purity, solubility and col ...
- Sun, Xinyu; Guo, Xiaoban; Ji, Mingyu; Wu, Jiulin; Zhu, Wenjin; Wang, Jianhua; Cheng, Cui; Chen, Li; Zhang, Qiqing
- Food chemistry 2019 v.272 pp. 643-652
- Ctenopharyngodon idella; Pseudomonas; bacteria; coatings; color; emulsions; fish; fish fillets; free amino acids; gelatin; molds (fungi); pH; peroxide value; plate count; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; shelf life; storage temperature; thiobarbituric acid; total volatile basic nitrogen; weight loss; yeasts
- ... This study investigated the effects of a novel edible coating combining fish gelatin with curcumin/β-cyclodextrin (CUR/βCD) emulsion on the quality of grass carp fillets (GCFs) during storage at 4 °C. For all samples, the quality parameters, including weight loss, pH, total volatile basic nitrogen (TVB-N), peroxide value (PV), thiobarbituric acid (TBA) value, SDS-PAGE, free amino acids (FAA), micr ...