Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.285 pp. 240-251
- Fagopyrum tataricum; Maillard reaction products; antioxidant activity; buckwheat; fluorescence; gallic acid; polyphenols; quercetin; roasting; rutin; temperature; thermal stability
- ... The effect of infrared roasting (130, 150 and 170 °C for 10 min) on antioxidant activity, total phenolic content (TPC), total flavonoid content (TFC), Maillard reaction products (MRP) and phenolic profile in eight Tartary buckwheat (Fagopyrum tataricum) varieties were investigated. TFC (23.74–28.67 mg RE/g) remained unchanged at 130 °C and 150 °C but exhibited a sharp decline at 170 °C. TPC (8.90– ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.295 pp. 537-547
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Maillard reaction products; Nigella sativa; acid value; air; carotenoids; chlorophyll; color; fatty acid composition; oxidative stability; peroxide value; roasting; seed oils
- ... Black cumin seed (BCS) is a novel oil source with potential health benefits. This study investigates the influence of infrared (IR) and dry air (DA) roasting (140, 160 and 180 °C for 5 and 10 min) on BCS oil quality characteristics. Results revealed that the oxidative stability index (OSI), Maillard reaction products (MRPs), chlorophyll and carotenoid contents were increased while acid value (AV), ...