Jump to Main Content
- Balagiannis, Dimitrios P.; Mottram, Donald S.; Higley, Jeremy; Smith, Gordon; Wedzicha, Bronislaw L.; Parker, Jane K.
- Food chemistry 2019 v.284 pp. 236-244
- French fries, etc ; European Union; Maillard reaction; acrylamides; foods; fructose; glucose; glycoconjugates; kinetics; maltose; mathematical models; potatoes; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... In light of a recent update in EU regulations governing levels of acrylamide in foodstuffs, further understanding of the role of different precursors is fundamental to extending mitigation strategies into a wider product range. Kinetic modelling was used to investigate the role of maltose in the formation of acrylamide during the finish-frying of french fries. The maltose concentration of raw whit ...
- Sordini, Beatrice; Veneziani, Gianluca; Servili, Maurizio; Esposto, Sonia; Selvaggini, Roberto; Lorefice, Antonietta; Taticchi, Agnese
- Food chemistry 2019 v.279 pp. 426-434
- French fries, etc ; acrolein; acrylamides; additives; antioxidants; beverages; butylated hydroxytoluene; dose response; frying; olive mill wastewater; olive oil; potatoes; stabilizers; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the effects of a phenolic extract from olive mill waste water on the stabilization of refined olive oil and on French fry quality during the frying process. Frozen, pre-fried potatoes were fried at 180 °C for 8 min in refined olive oil enriched by different concentrations of a phenolic extract, while oil enriched by a common synthetic antioxidant (butylated hyd ...