Jump to Main Content
- Rodrigues, Nuno; Casal, Susana; Pinho, Teresa; Peres, António M.; Bento, Albino; Baptista, Paula; Pereira, José Alberto
- Food chemistry 2019 v.276 pp. 231-239
- Olea europaea, etc ; breeding; crop year; discriminant analysis; olive oil; phenolic compounds; principal component analysis; secoiridoids; sensory properties; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Olive oil phenolic compounds are receiving increased attention due to its influence on sensory characteristics and to scientific evidences of positive health effects. In this work, 28 ancient olive trees were selected and, during four consecutive seasons (2014–2017), oils were extracted and their phenolic fraction characterized. Hydroxytyrosol and tyrosol secoiridoids were the predominant groups, ...
- Fernández-Poyatos, M.P.; Ruiz-Medina, A.; Llorent-Martínez, E.J.
- Food chemistry 2019
- Olea europaea, etc ; 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; antioxidant activity; bioavailability; chemical constituents of plants; gastrointestinal system; high performance liquid chromatography; in vitro digestion; isomers; mass spectrometry; mineral content; oleuropein; olives; polyphenols; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The main goals of this study were to determine the phenolic composition and antioxidant activity of table olives from Olea europaea L. cv. Cornezuelo, as well as the effect caused by a simulated in vitro digestion to evaluate compounds bioavailability. High-performance liquid chromatography with diode-array and mass spectrometry detection (HPLC-DAD-MSn) was used to evaluate the phytochemical profi ...