Jump to Main Content
- Nicolle, Paméla; Marcotte, Charlène; Angers, Paul; Pedneault, Karine
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 481-490
- Vitis; anthocyanins; color; fermentation; flavanols; grape pomace; grapes; hybrids; proanthocyanidins; red wines; terpenoids; volatile compounds
- ... The impact of co-fermenting white grape pomace (WP) and red grape pomace (RP) on the composition of interspecific hybrid wine was studied using the Vitis sp. ‘Frontenac’ and ‘Vidal’. The proanthocyanidin and anthocyanin content of the resulting wines were analysed by HPLC-fluorescence and UPLC–MS/MS, respectively. The CIELAB parameters and volatile compounds were analysed using spectrophotometry-U ...
- Mazewski, Candice; Liang, Katie; Gonzalez de Mejia, Elvira
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 378-388
- anthocyanins; apoptosis; beans; binding capacity; black rice; carrots; cell proliferation; chemical composition; colorectal neoplasms; grapes; humans; inhibitory concentration 50; lentils; mechanism of action; neoplasm cells; peanuts; phenolic compounds; phosphotransferases (kinases); plant extracts; pro-apoptotic proteins; sweet potatoes; tyrosine; wheat
- ... The objective was to compare the anti-proliferative effect of anthocyanin-rich plant extracts on human colon cancer cells and determine their mechanism of action. Eleven extracts were tested: red (RG) and purple grape, purple sweet potato, purple carrot, black and purple bean, black lentil (BL), black peanut, sorghum (SH), black rice, and blue wheat. HCT-116 and HT-29 inhibition correlated with to ...