Jump to Main Content
- Álvarez-Fernández, M. Antonia; Fernández-Cruz, E.; Cantos-Villar, E.; Troncoso, Ana M.; García-Parrilla, M. Carmen
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 345-351
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Torulaspora delbrueckii; alcoholic fermentation; bioactive properties; grapes; winemaking; wines; yeasts
- ... Hydroxytyrosol (HT) is a phenolic compound of recognized bioactivity that has been described in wines but little is known about its origin. This work demonstrates that yeast involved in wine making, i.e. Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains and the non-Saccharomyces Torulaspora delbrueckii, can synthesise HT, as this compound was identified in the intracellular media of three strains by means of a dev ...
- D'Onofrio, Claudio; Matarese, Fabiola; Cuzzola, Angela
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 352-361
- biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; genes; grapes; leaves; longevity; methyl jasmonate; monoterpenoids; odors; small fruits; vineyards; wines
- ... Methyl jasmonate (MeJA) was applied in a vineyard on leaves and grape clusters of cv Sangiovese to test its ability to stimulate the production of aromas and identify the main genes involved in the biosynthetic pathways switched on by the elicitor.MeJA application led to a delay in grape technological maturity and a significant increase in the concentration of several berry aroma classes (about tw ...