Jump to Main Content
- Han, Xiaoxian; Kang, Ji; Bai, Yanjie; Xue, Meng; Shi, Yong-Cheng
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 169-173
- corn starch; dextrinization; differential scanning calorimetry; enthalpy; gel chromatography; gelatinization; melting; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pH; retrogradation; water solubility; waxy corn
- ... Pyrodextrins were prepared by heating waxy maize starch at 170°C and pH 3.0 for 0.5, 1, 2, 3 and 4h. Structural changes of pyrodextrins were determined by gel permeation chromatography and 1H NMR. Gelatinization and retrogradation of pyrodextrins were measured by differential scanning calorimetry. The water solubility of pyrodextrins increased from 48.9 to 99.4% as heating time increased from 0.5 ...
- Niu, Haili; Xia, Xiufang; Wang, Chao; Kong, Baohua; Liu, Qian
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 188-195
- atomic force microscopy; differential scanning calorimetry; gels; heat; hydrogen bonding; pH; roughness; soy protein isolate; temperature; texture; thermal stability; water holding capacity
- ... Thermal stability and gel quality of myofibrillar protein were evaluated with regard to the addition of native soy protein isolates (SPI) and SPI subjected to acidic pH and mild heating (modified SPI). Compared with the control, the addition of modified SPI increased the compression force of the protein gel and decreased water loss (P<0.05). Differential scanning calorimetry results showed that an ...