Jump to Main Content
- Tan, Yuqing; Chang, Sam K.C.
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 147-155
- Ictalurus punctatus; byproducts; catfish; circular dichroism spectroscopy; collagen; cosmetics; fish fillets; gel strength; hydrochloric acid; kinetics; molecular weight; pH; pepsin; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; protein solubility; zeta potential
- ... Channel catfish skin is a by-product from catfish fillet production. Collagens were extracted from catfish skins by: (1) acid; (2) homogenization-aided; and (3) pepsin-aided extraction methods. Kinetic analysis of extraction was performed. SDS-PAGE was carried out for all collagens extracted under different conditions. Protein solubility, zeta potential, circular dichroism and gel strength of the ...
- Han, Xiaoxian; Kang, Ji; Bai, Yanjie; Xue, Meng; Shi, Yong-Cheng
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 169-173
- corn starch; dextrinization; differential scanning calorimetry; enthalpy; gel chromatography; gelatinization; melting; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pH; retrogradation; water solubility; waxy corn
- ... Pyrodextrins were prepared by heating waxy maize starch at 170°C and pH 3.0 for 0.5, 1, 2, 3 and 4h. Structural changes of pyrodextrins were determined by gel permeation chromatography and 1H NMR. Gelatinization and retrogradation of pyrodextrins were measured by differential scanning calorimetry. The water solubility of pyrodextrins increased from 48.9 to 99.4% as heating time increased from 0.5 ...