Jump to Main Content
- Oh, Won Young; Shahidi, Fereidoon
- Food chemistry 2018 v.261 pp. 267-273
- DNA damage; antioxidant activity; copper; emulsions; esterification; esters; functional foods; ground meat; health promotion; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxyl radicals; ingredients; low density lipoprotein; oils; organochlorine compounds; oxidation; resveratrol; risk reduction
- ... Resveratrol (R) was lipophilized by esterification in order to facilitate its application in a wide range of products and to possibly enhance its bioactivity. Twelve resveratrol derivatives were prepared using acyl chlorides of different chain length (C3:0–C22:6) and their antioxidant activities assessed. While resveratrol showed the highest antioxidant activity in oil-in-water emulsion, its deriv ...
- Han, Jia-Run; Yan, Jia-Nan; Sun, Shi-Guang; Tang, Yue; Shang, Wen-Hui; Li, Ao-Ting; Guo, Xiao-Kun; Du, Yi-Nan; Wu, Hai-Tao; Zhu, Bei-Wei; Xiong, Youling L
- Food chemistry 2018 v.261 pp. 337-347
- Azumapecten farreri; DNA damage; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Maillard reaction products; antioxidant activity; byproducts; enzymes; flavor compounds; fluorescence; human cell lines; hydrogen peroxide; hydrolysates; lipid peroxidation; peptides; ribose; scallops; volatile compounds
- ... The objective of the present study was to improve the utilization of scallop (Chlamys farreri) byproducts by using Maillard reaction. Scallop mantle hydrolysates (SMHs) were prepared using neutrase then reacted with ribose. Thirty-four peptides were identified from SMHs by UPLC-Q-TOF-MS, and the abundance of Asp and Lys suggested the strong Maillard reactivity. The formation of Schiff’s base as we ...