Jump to Main Content
- Riachi, Liza Ghassan; Simas, Daniel Luiz Reis; Coelho, Geraldo Ceni; Marcellini, Paulo Sérgio; Ribeiro da Silva, Antônio Jorge; Bastos de Maria, Carlos Alberto
- Food chemistry 2018 v.266 pp. 317-322
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Ilex paraguariensis; analysis of variance; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; caffeine; drying; high performance liquid chromatography; light intensity; oxidation; phytopharmaceuticals; principal component analysis; pyrolysis; roasting; solar radiation; soybean oil; temperature; yerba mate
- ... This is the first report investigating the effects of cultivation, growth under full sunlight (MSL) or shade (MS), and processing (drying, sapeco and roasting) on the composition and antioxidant potential of maté. Samples were roasted (180 °C, 200 °C, 220 °C or 240 °C) for a fixed time (10 min) or roasted (10, 20, 30 or 40 min) at a fixed temperature (200 °C). HPLC/UV/MS analysis and measures of t ...
- Caprioli, Giovanni; Nzekoue, Franks Kamgang; Giusti, Federica; Vittori, Sauro; Sagratini, Gianni
- Food chemistry 2018 v.266 pp. 490-497
- acid hydrolysis; alkaline hydrolysis; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; black beans; carbohydrates; dietary fiber; gold; healthy diet; lentils; liquid chromatography; pH; polyphenols; proteins; tandem mass spectrometry; temperature
- ... Pulses are an important source of proteins, carbohydrates, and dietary fibre, and also contain polyphenols, which are bioactive compounds with antioxidant activity. A new analytical method that uses high-performance liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS/MS) was developed for the quantification of sixteen polyphenols in thirty-one pulse varieties. Different extraction procedures w ...