Jump to Main Content
- Riachi, Liza Ghassan; Simas, Daniel Luiz Reis; Coelho, Geraldo Ceni; Marcellini, Paulo Sérgio; Ribeiro da Silva, Antônio Jorge; Bastos de Maria, Carlos Alberto
- Food chemistry 2018 v.266 pp. 317-322
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Ilex paraguariensis; analysis of variance; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; caffeine; drying; high performance liquid chromatography; light intensity; oxidation; phytopharmaceuticals; principal component analysis; pyrolysis; roasting; solar radiation; soybean oil; temperature; yerba mate
- ... This is the first report investigating the effects of cultivation, growth under full sunlight (MSL) or shade (MS), and processing (drying, sapeco and roasting) on the composition and antioxidant potential of maté. Samples were roasted (180 °C, 200 °C, 220 °C or 240 °C) for a fixed time (10 min) or roasted (10, 20, 30 or 40 min) at a fixed temperature (200 °C). HPLC/UV/MS analysis and measures of t ...
- Beri, Aashima; Banipal, Parampaul K.; Banipal, Tarlok S.
- Food chemistry 2018 v.266 pp. 110-118
- absorption; aqueous solutions; bitterness; caffeine; calorimetry; enthalpy; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; potassium chloride; temperature; theobromine; theophylline; titration; viscometers; viscometry; viscosity
- ... The density (ρ), speed of sound (u), viscosity (η) and enthalpy of dilution (q) measurements for methylxanthines (caffeine, theophylline and theobromine) in aqueous medium and in aqueous solutions of (0.10–1.00) mol·kg−1 KCl covering a temperature range T = (288.15–318.15) K and at p = 101.325 kPa have been accomplished using a density and sound velocity meter, Micro-Ubbelohde type capillary visco ...