Jump to Main Content
- Li, Chao, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.268 pp. 362-368
- amylopectin; amylose; corn starch; dietary supplements; encapsulation; enthalpy; gelatinization; granules; hydrolysis; in vitro digestion; ingredients; lutein; stomach; storage time; swelling (materials); temperature
- ... Swelled cornstarch granules incubated at different incubation temperatures was prepared as a complexation matrix to encapsulate lutein. Increasing incubation temperature (55–70 °C) induced the gelatinization of cornstarch, resulting in enhancement of swelling power (1.67–6.26 g/g) and lutein content (0.78–4.86 mg/g). A decreased (double helix of amylopectin) and an increased (single helix of V-amy ...
- Li, Chao, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.249 pp. 127-135
- Rosa roxburghii; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; arabinose; cosmetics; emulsifying properties; foaming; foaming properties; foods; fruits; fucose; galactose; glucose; glycemic effect; hypoglycemic agents; mannose; polysaccharides; proteins; temperature; uronic acids; viscoelasticity; water solubility; xylose
- ... Water-soluble polysaccharides (RTFP) were extracted from Rosa roxburghii Tratt fruit by hot water method. The physicochemical, functional, and hypoglycemic properties of RTFP were investigated. The results revealed that RTFP mainly contained carbohydrates (63.79 ± 0.73%, g/g), uronic acids (14.8 ± 0.06%, g/g), and proteins (4.10 ± 0.58%, g/g). RTFP was composed of arabinose, galactose, glucose, ma ...