Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.261 pp. 75-86
- Punica granatum; anthocyanins; byproducts; catechin; cinnamic acid; clinical trials; cyanidin; delphinidin; ellagic acid; epicatechin; ferulic acid; food processing wastes; fruits; p-coumaric acid; pelargonidin; pomegranates; quercetin; tannins
- ... Pomegranate peel (PoP), a juice byproduct often considered as a waste, comprises nearly around 30–40% portion of the fruit. Phenolic compounds (one class of bioactive phytochemicals) are primarily concentrated in the peel portion of pomegranate fruit. In PoP, the main phenolic compounds reported in the literature include flavonoids (anthocyanins such as pelargonidin, delphinidin, cyanidin along wi ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.260 pp. 231-238
- calcium; chemical composition; color; cooking; cooking quality; crystal structure; cultivars; dough quality; lipids; manganese; milling; minerals; pasting properties; potassium; rheometers; rice; viscosity
- ... The effects of degree of milling (DOM) between 0 and 8% on physico-chemical, structural, pasting and cooking properties of short and long grain Indica rice cultivars were studied. Ash, protein, lipids and minerals decreased while blue value and crystallinity increased with increase in DOM. The colour parameters (a∗, b∗) and cooking time (CT) decreased while L∗(lightness) increased with increase in ...