Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.240 pp. 910-916
- air; denaturation; electric power; gels; methodology; myofibrillar proteins; oxidation; physicochemical properties; pork; proteins; texture; thawing
- ... The application of a high-voltage electrostatic field (HVEF) is a novel method for thawing. To determine the effects of HVEF thawing (voltage range: −25kV to 0kV) on myofibrillar protein oxidation and/or denaturation and to provide a theoretical understanding of this process, pork tenderloin was thawed by traditional and HVEF methods. Based on the total sulfhydryl and carbonyl contents, further pr ...
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.264 pp. 310-318
- Escherichia coli; Paenibacillus curdlanolyticus; acidity; amino acid sequences; corn cobs; electrolyzed water; enzymatic hydrolysis; genes; open reading frames; pH; polymerization; substrate specificity; xylan; xylanases; xylooligosaccharides
- ... A novel xylanase gene (PbXyn10A) from Paenibacillus barengoltzii was cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli. PbXyn10A had an open reading frame of 3,063 bp, and its deduced amino acid sequence shared the highest identity of 72% with a xylanase from Paenibacillus curdlanolyticus. The recombinant xylanase (PbXyn10A) was purified and biochemically characterized. PbXyn10A was most active at pH 6.5 a ...