Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Fan
- Food chemistry 2018 v.256 pp. 419-426
- konjac mannan, etc ; Amorphophallus konjac; absorbents; aerogels; biodegradability; corms; crosslinking; electric field; emulsions; encapsulation; extrusion; fish feeds; functional foods; functional properties; gamma radiation; ingredients; liquid crystals; oxidation; pollutants; spinning; wastewater; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Konjac glucomannan (KGM) is a major polysaccharide from the corm of Amorphophallus konjac. Native KGM has limited uses and has been chemically/physically/enzymatically modified to expand the range of functional properties. This mini-review summarises the recent advances of modifying KGM for diverse food and nonfood applications, focusing on the chemical and physical modifications. The chemical met ...
- Zhou, Yun; Jiang, Runsheng; Perkins, Wade S.; Cheng, Yongqiang
- Food chemistry 2018 v.269 pp. 80-88
- konjac mannan, etc ; atomic force microscopy; crosslinking; gelation; hydrogels; hydrogen bonding; hydrophobic bonding; mixing; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; sodium carbonate; temperature; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... A molecular-level mechanism of alkali induced konjac glucomannan (KGM) hydrogel gelation processing is considered with the application of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy and atomic force microscopy (AFM) as complementary methods to diffusive wave spectroscopy (DWS) microrheology and thermoanalysis. It is shown that deacetylation of KGM chains occurs immediately upon mixing with Na2CO ...