Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Xingfeng; Zhong, Junzhen; Chen, Jun; Liu, Chengmei; Luo, Liping; Luo, Shunjing; Wu, Lixin; McClements, David Julian
- Food chemistry 2016 v.213 pp. 700-707
- droplets; emulsifiers; emulsifying properties; emulsions; foods; glutelins; heat treatment; hydrolysis; lipids; pH; rice; sodium chloride; whey protein isolate
- ... The emulsifying properties of partially hydrolyzed rice glutelin (H-RG, 2% degree of hydrolysis) were compared to those of whey isolate protein (WPI), a commonly used protein-based emulsifier. The surface load of WPI (1% emulsifier, d32=167.5nm) was 2.8 times lower than that of H-RG (3% emulsifier, d32=159.0nm). Emulsions containing WPI-coated lipid droplets had better stability to pH changes (2–8 ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Chitranshi, Priyanka; Gamboa da Costa, Gonçalo
- Food chemistry 2016 v.213 pp. 567-570
- Food and Drug Administration; derivatization; hydrolysis; ionization; markets; mass spectrometry; rapid methods; soft drinks; vegetable oil; United States
- ... We report here a simple and rapid method for the quantification of brominated vegetable oil (BVO) in soft drinks based upon liquid chromatography–electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. Unlike previously reported methods, this novel method does not require hydrolysis, extraction or derivatization steps, but rather a simple “dilute and shoot” sample preparation. The quantification is conducted b ...
- PubMed Central: