Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Mina K.; Kim, Min Yeop; Lee, Kwang-Geun
- Food chemistry 2016 v.211 pp. 654-660
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; ascorbic acid; flavor; heat treatment; ingredients; orange juice; prediction; sensory evaluation; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The objective of current study was to determine the furan levels in commercial orange juices (OJs) and relate to the sensory and quality characteristics of OJs. The factors among sensory and quality characteristics that showed high correlation to furan were identified. The furan levels found in 18 commercial OJs ranged from 0.59 to 27.39ng/mL. Freshly-squeezed type OJs (n=4) had significantly lowe ...
- Gómez Ruiz, Braulio; Roux, Stéphanie; Courtois, Francis; Bonazzi, Catherine
- Food chemistry 2016 v.211 pp. 583-589
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; ascorbic acid; buffers; detection limit; dithiothreitol; malates; pH; spectrophotometers; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... A simple, rapid and reliable method was developed for quantifying ascorbic (AA) and dehydroascorbic (DHAA) acids and validated in 20mM malate buffer (pH 3.8). It consists in a spectrophotometric measurement of AA, either directly on the solution added with metaphosphoric acid or after reduction of DHAA into AA by dithiothreitol. This method was developed with real time measurement of reactions kin ...