Jump to Main Content
- Squeo, G.; Silletti, R.; Summo, C.; Paradiso, V.M.; Pasqualone, A.; Caponio, F.
- Food chemistry 2016 v.209 pp. 65-71
- Olea europaea, etc ; calcium carbonate; olive oil; olives; particle size; ripening; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... The aim of the research was to evaluate the effect of calcium carbonate (1%, 2%, and 4% of addition) at two different particle sizes (2.7μm and 5.7μm), added at the beginning of the malaxation phase, on both the extraction yield and the quality of oil obtained from Coratina olives at different ripening index. The results showed that calcium carbonate significantly increased the extraction yield of ...
- Ramos-Gómez, Sonia; Busto, María D.; Albillos, Silvia M.; Ortega, Natividad
- Food chemistry 2016 v.194 pp. 447-454
- Olea europaea, etc ; DNA; environmental factors; food safety; foods; ingredients; olive oil; olives; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; traceability; vegetable oil; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The traceability of olive oil is an unresolved issue that remains a challenge. In this field, DNA-based techniques are very powerful tools for discrimination that are less negatively influenced by environmental conditions than other techniques. More specifically, quantitative real time PCR (qPCR) achieves a high degree of sensitivity, although the DNA that it can directly isolate from these oils p ...