Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Bin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2016 v.213 pp. 708-713
- broccoli; casein; enzyme activity; figs; fruits; ginger; kiwifruit; leeks; pH; pepper; pineapples; plant extracts; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; proteinase inhibitors; proteinases
- ... In this study, a comparative analysis on the distribution of protease activities among 90 plant resources, including fruits and vegetables, has been performed. Protease activities of plant extracts were assayed at different pH values (pH 3.0, pH 7.5 and pH 10.5) using casein as a substrate. Ten fruits and thirteen vegetables show protease activities above 10U/g. Pineapple, fig and papaya, which ar ...
- Zhang, Bin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2016 v.212 pp. 453-459
- X-radiation; X-ray diffraction; capillary electrophoresis; crystal structure; differential scanning calorimetry; granules; potato starch; potatoes; scanning electron microscopy; starch; surface area
- ... Native potato starch (PS) granules were separated into three size fractions: larger than 30μm (P-L), 15–30μm (P-M), and smaller than 15μm (P-S). The morphological and crystalline structure of fractionated potato starches were investigated by light and scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray diffraction (XRD) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). The P-L fraction showed ellipsoidal shape a ...