Jump to Main Content
- Kong, Yanghui; Li, Xiaoming; Zheng, Tiesong; Lv, Lishuang
- Food chemistry 2015 v.183 pp. 36-42
- Maillard reaction; Pueraria montana var. lobata; advanced glycation end products; beta-lactoglobulin; crosslinking; dose response; genistein; glycation; pH; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; soybeans; sugars; temperature
- ... Advanced glycation end products (AGEs), which are formed in β-lactoglobulin (β-lg) glycation systems via the Maillard reaction, have been implicated in diabetes-related long-term complications. In the present study, we found that reaction conditions, including temperature, time, pH, reactant type and molar ratio of beta-lg to a sugar/MGO/GO, can significantly affect the formation of AGEs. Using SD ...
- López-Sanz, Sara; Montilla, Antonia; Moreno, F. Javier; Villamiel, Mar
- Food chemistry 2015 v.183 pp. 64-71
- Maillard reaction; apple juice; bioactive properties; food processing; functional foods; galactooligosaccharides; galactose; ingredients; lactose; lactulose; milk; polymerization; prebiotics; sensory properties; temperature
- ... The scientific evidence on the bioactivity of oligosaccharides from lactulose has encouraged us to study their physicochemical modifications during the processing of milk and apple juice. The carbohydrate fraction with a degree of polymerization ⩾3 was stable in milk heated at temperatures up to 100°C for 30min and in apple juice heated up to 90°C for 15min. An assessment of the Maillard reaction ...