Jump to Main Content
- Grúz, Jiří; Pospíšil, Jiří; Kozubíková, Hana; Pospíšil, Tomáš; Doležal, Karel; Bunzel, Mirko; Strnad, Miroslav
- Food chemistry 2015 v.171 pp. 280-286
- beers, etc ; Chinese cabbage; antioxidant activity; coumaric acids; millets; oxidation; parsley; plant tissues; wheat; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Hydroxycinnamates are common phenolic compounds of plants and plant foods, often found in substantial quantities. Due to their high in vitro antioxidant activity they can easily be oxidized under oxidative conditions. In this study, we found that in vitro oxidation of coumaric, ferulic and sinapic acids resulted mainly in dimeric compounds. We hypothesized that these dimers are present in plants a ...
- Fogarasi, Attila-Levente; Kun, Szilárd; Tankó, Gabriella; Stefanovits-Bányai, Éva; Hegyesné-Vecseri, Beáta
- Food chemistry 2015 v.167 pp. 1-6
- beers, etc ; Triticum monococcum subsp. monococcum; antioxidant activity; barley; cations; crop production; free radical scavengers; organic foods; polyphenols; raw materials; wheat; Hungary; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Two einkorn wheat, one barley, three optional winter cultivation wheat and five winter cultivation wheat samples harvested in Hungary in 2011, and their malts were evaluated for their DPPH radical and ABTS radical cation scavenging activity, ferric reduction capacity (FRAP) and total phenolic content (TPC).All einkorn and barley samples exhibited significant antioxidant activities determined by DP ...