Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.172 pp. 528-536
- Pisum sativum; amylose; antioxidant activity; flour; germplasm; iron; peas; polypeptides; protein content; resistant starch; seeds; starch granules; trypsin; viscosity; zinc; Himalayan region
- ... The grain and flour characteristics of different field pea (FP) accessions were evaluated. Accessions with higher grain weight had less compact structure with a greater proportion of large-sized starch granules. Accessions with higher protein content had lower starch content, blue value and λmax whereas accessions with higher amylose showed higher resistant starch (RS) and final viscosity and lowe ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.188 pp. 517-526
- correlation; dough; durum wheat; flour; gluten; hardness; noodles; polypeptides
- ... The grain, flour, dough and noodle making properties of Indian durum wheat varieties were evaluated. Varieties having higher grain weight had lower hardness and higher yellow pigment content. Gluten performance index showed positive correlation with α-helix and negative with intermolecular+antiparallel-β-sheets in gluten. The proportion of extracted polymeric proteins was related to dough strength ...