Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Haibo; Yang, Qianqian; Wang, Xiaoyong
- Food chemistry 2014 v.161 pp. 136-141
- curcumin, etc ; absorption; antioxidant activity; fluorescence; hydrophobicity; lipid bilayers; micelles; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... In this work, the role of micelle-to-vesicle transition of sodium bis(2-ethylhexyl) sulfosuccinate (AOT) in the binding, stability and antioxidant activity of curcumin has been studied using absorption and fluorescence measurements. As AOT molecules aggregate into micelles and vesicles, curcumin bound with AOT often gives higher intensities of absorption and fluorescence than that of free curcumin ...
- Zhang, Jingfei; Hou, Xiang; Ahmad, Hussain; Zhang, Hao; Zhang, Lili; Wang, Tian
- Food chemistry 2014 v.145 pp. 57-65
- curcumin, etc ; antioxidant activity; butylated hydroxyanisole; capsanthin; chickens; erythrocytes; foods; free radicals; hemolysis; lutein; lycopene; models; oxidative stress; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The purpose of this study was to compare the antioxidant capacities of seven natural pigments including the fat-soluble pigments curcumin, lycopene, lutein and β-carotene and water-soluble pigments – betalain, capsanthin and cyanidin-3-rutinoside relative to a commonly-used synthetic food antioxidant BHA. The antioxidant capacities of seven pigments and BHA were evaluated based on their ability to ...