Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Wei; Wang, Sujuan; Ye, Ting; Jin, Weiping; Liu, Jinjin; Lei, Jieqiong; Li, Bin; Wang, Chao
- Food chemistry 2014 v.158 pp. 171-176
- konjac mannan, etc ; Amorphophallus; flour; odors; purification methods; separation; starch; sugars; temperature; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... A simple one-step purification process was provided to extract KGM from KF by phase separation. The results showed that appropriate temperature control was a key factor and the products were inodorous, colourless and of high purity at the optimal temperature 68°C. In this purification, soluble sugar and starch of extracted KGM were nearly clearly reduced and up to 95%, 80% (T68) of protein and ash ...
- Wu, Wen-Tzu; Yang, Lien-Chuan; Chen, Hsiao-Ling
- Food chemistry 2014 v.155 pp. 304-310
- konjac mannan, etc ; antioxidants; apoptosis; azoxymethane; cellulose; colon; cyclins; epithelium; gene expression regulation; genes; genotoxicity; glutathione transferase; insoluble fiber; inulin; mice; probiotics; short chain fatty acids; soluble fiber; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Mice were fed low-fibre, or that supplemented with soluble fibre (konjac glucomannan, KGM; inulin), or insoluble fibre (cellulose) to determine how these three fibres modulated the acute colonic responses to an azoxymethane (AOM) treatment. Results indicated that KGM and inulin exerted greater anti-genotoxic effects compared to cellulose and up-regulated the gene expressions of glutathione S-trans ...