Jump to Main Content
- Ma, Yuanyuan; Xiong, Youling L.; Zhai, Jianjun; Zhu, Haining; Dziubla, Thomas
- Food chemistry 2010 v.118 no.3 pp. 582-588
- food composition; buckwheat; grain protein; fractionation; food analysis; in vitro digestion; enzymatic treatment; pancreatin; pepsin; antioxidant activity; amino acids; peptides; amino acid composition; amino acid sequences; free radical scavengers
- ... Buckwheat protein (BWP) isolate was subjected to a two-stage in vitro digestion (1h pepsin followed by 2-h pancreatin at 37°C). The antioxidant potential of the BWP digests was compared by assessing their capacity to scavenge 2,2'-azinobis (3-ethylbenzothiszoline-6-sulphonic acid) (ABTS⁺ ) and hydroxyl ( OH) radicals. The 2-h pancreatin digest, which demonstrated the strongest activity against bot ...
- PubMed Central:
- Mohamed, Abdellatif; Xu, Jingyuan; Singh, Mukti
- Food chemistry 2010 v.118 no.3 pp. 620
- yeast breads; bananas; ingredients; chemical concentration; powdered foods; hard red spring wheat; wheat flour; wheat gluten; dietary fiber; fiber content; potassium; dietary minerals; mineral content; sugar content; freshness; volume; flavor; storage time; breadmaking; breadmaking quality; bread dough; water; absorption; food storage; storage quality; food composition; color; protein content; rheological properties; viscoelasticity
- ... Banana powder (BP) was added to hard-red spring wheat (HRSW) flour intended for yeast-leavened bread formulation. Five different formulations containing 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, and 30% BP were prepared with varying amounts of base flour, while vital gluten was maintained at 25% in all blends. Based on the added BP amounts only, the prepared bread could deliver 42.87-128.6mg potassium/30g of bread (one ...