Jump to Main Content
- Breksa, Andrew P.; Takeoka, Gary R.; Hidalgo, Marlene B.; Vilches, Ana; Vasse, Justine; Ramming, David W.
- Food chemistry 2010 v.121 no.3 pp. 740
- raisins; grapes; cultivars; antioxidant activity; Vitis vinifera; phytochemicals; food composition; chemical concentration; catechin; epicatechin
- ... Six raisin grape cultivars and 10 new raisin grape selections were analyzed for antioxidant activity (ABTS assay) and for total and individual phenolic compounds. Samples were freeze-dried and values are reported on a dry weight basis. Antioxidant activity across the 16 samples ranged from 7.7 to 60.9μmol Trolox/g DW, with A95-27 exhibiting the greatest activity. Total phenolic content, determined ...
- Field, Anjalie; Field, Jeffrey
- Food chemistry 2010 v.121 no.3 pp. 912-917
- melamine; triazines; protein content; food analysis; food composition; food contamination; accuracy; analytical methods; feed contamination; feed composition; chemical analysis; feeds; cats; dried milk; detection; feed additives; food additives
- ... In the fall of 2007 pet food contaminated with melamine and cyanuric acid caused kidney stones in thousands of animals. In the summer of 2008, a more serious outbreak of adulterated dairy food resulted in the deaths of six infants and sickened about 290,000 children in China. In all cases, melamine was likely concentrations added to inflate the apparent protein content of the foods. To determine i ...
- PubMed Central: