Jump to Main Content
- Ross, Alastair B.; Svelander, Cecilia; Karlsson, Göran; Savolainen, Otto I.
- Food chemistry 2017 v.220 pp. 344-351
- staple foods, etc ; Chenopodium quinoa; alkylresorcinols; biomarkers; ethyl acetate; food intake; human nutrition; Andes region; South America; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Quinoa is a pseudocereal grown in the Andean region of South America that is of increasing interest worldwide as an alternative staple food. We have detected a complex mixture of both odd- and even-alkyl chain alkylresorcinols (AR), branched-chain alkylresorcinols (bcAR) and methylalkylresorcinols (mAR) in ethyl acetate extracts of quinoa. We quantified the content of AR in 17 commercial samples o ...
- Calliope, Sonia Rosario; Lobo, Manuel Oscar; Sammán, Norma Cristina
- Food chemistry 2018 v.238 pp. 42-50
- staple foods, etc ; Solanum tuberosum; active ingredients; antioxidant activity; biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; cluster analysis; functional properties; gene banks; genotype; industry; potato chips; potatoes; proximate composition; Andes region; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Andean potatoes (Solanum tuberosum andigenum) are a staple food for Andean population; there is great biodiversity but only few varieties are cultivated nowadays. In order to contribute to biodiversity conservation of Andean potatoes, information about their morphological, nutritional and functional characteristics was generated. In gene bank (INTA-Balcarce), varieties collected from regional prod ...