Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.291 pp. 16-21
- air; cannabinoids; cysteine; glycogen; lactic acid; metabolism; metabolites; methionine; myosin; oxidation; pH; pork; spoilage
- ... The post-thawing quality, metabolite profile and amino acid oxidation of frozen pork tenderloin following the use of a high-voltage electrostatic field (HVEF) were investigated in this study. There were not significant differences of pH for pork thawed by air and HVEF, which were consistent with the lactic acid level and glycogen content. No changes in the tenderness of thawed pork were found. The ...
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.240 pp. 910-916
- air; denaturation; electric power; gels; methodology; myofibrillar proteins; oxidation; physicochemical properties; pork; proteins; texture; thawing
- ... The application of a high-voltage electrostatic field (HVEF) is a novel method for thawing. To determine the effects of HVEF thawing (voltage range: −25kV to 0kV) on myofibrillar protein oxidation and/or denaturation and to provide a theoretical understanding of this process, pork tenderloin was thawed by traditional and HVEF methods. Based on the total sulfhydryl and carbonyl contents, further pr ...