Jump to Main Content
- Yan, DanDan; Wong, Yong Foo; Shellie, Robert A.; Marriott, Philip J.; Whittock, Simon P.; Koutoulis, Anthony
- Food chemistry 2019 v.275 pp. 15-23
- Humulus lupulus, etc ; beers; bioaccumulation; brewing; chemometrics; cultivars; essential oils; esters; gas chromatography; genotype; hybrids; ketones; mass spectrometry; monoterpenoids; secondary metabolites; sesquiterpenoids; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... This study investigated the volatile phytochemical diversity of 30 samples obtained from experimental hybrid and commercial H. lupulus L. plants. Essential oils distilled from these samples were analysed by high resolution gas chromatography coupled with accurate mass time-of-flight mass spectrometry (GC–accTOFMS). A total of 58 secondary metabolites, mainly comprising 18 esters, 6 monoterpene hyd ...
- Matsui, Hiroo; Inui, Takako; Oka, Kaneo; Fukui, Nobuyuki
- Food chemistry 2016 v.202 pp. 15-22
- Humulus lupulus, etc ; beers; essential oils; geraniol; ingredients; linalool; myrcene; odors; pruning; taste; Czech Republic; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Humulus lupulus (hop) cone is a key ingredient of beer, which determines its taste and aroma. Thus, it is necessary to control its cultivation conditions to acquire suitable quality. Here, cultivation conditions, such as pruning, blooming, and harvest timings, were modified for the Saaz hop variety in the Saaz region of Czech Republic. We investigated the correlation between the abovementioned cul ...