Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2003 v.82 no.3 pp. 433-439
- water uptake; enthalpy; cultivars; rice; seeds; chewiness; hardness; gelatinization; bulk density; scanning electron microscopy; temperature; cooking; cohesion; thermal properties
- ... Studies were undertaken to compare physico-chemical, morphological, thermal, cooking and textural properties of chalky and translucent kernels separated from three rice cultivars. Physico-chemical properties, such as 1000 kernel weight, bulk density, kernel hardness, length-breath (L/B) ratio and amylose content, were determined. The morphological properties of chalky and translucent kernels were ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.260 pp. 231-238
- calcium; chemical composition; color; cooking; cooking quality; crystal structure; cultivars; dough quality; lipids; manganese; milling; minerals; pasting properties; potassium; rheometers; rice; viscosity
- ... The effects of degree of milling (DOM) between 0 and 8% on physico-chemical, structural, pasting and cooking properties of short and long grain Indica rice cultivars were studied. Ash, protein, lipids and minerals decreased while blue value and crystallinity increased with increase in DOM. The colour parameters (a∗, b∗) and cooking time (CT) decreased while L∗(lightness) increased with increase in ...