Jump to Main Content
- Chan, E.W.C.; Lim, Y.Y.; Wong, S.K.; Lim, K.K.; Tan, S.P.; Lianto, F.S.; Yong, M.Y.
- Food chemistry 2009 v.113 no.1 pp. 166-172
- Alpinia zerumbet, etc ; Kaempferia; food analysis; freeze drying; herbal tea; phenolic compounds; methodology; drying quality; Curcuma longa; Etlingera; food composition; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; leaves; ginger; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Effects of five different drying methods on the antioxidant properties (AOP) of leaves of Alpinia zerumbet, Etlingera elatior, Curcuma longa, and Kaempferia galanga were assessed. All methods of thermal drying (microwave-, oven-, and sun-drying) resulted in drastic declines in total phenolic content (TPC), ascorbic acid equivalent antioxidant capacity (AEAC), and ferric-reducing power (FRP), with ...
- Elzaawely, A.A.; Xuan, T.D.; Tawata, S.
- Food chemistry 2007 v.103 no.2 pp. 486-494
- Alpinia zerumbet, etc ; essential oils; pyrones; phenolic compounds; leaves; rhizomes; antioxidant activity; chemical analysis; chemical composition; bioassays; free radicals; free radical scavengers; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... During essential oil production from Alpinia zerumbet, large volumes of water and solid wastes are produced and subsequently discarded. An extraction protocol to obtain essential oil, dihydro-5,6-dehydrokawain (DDK) and enriched antioxidant phenolic extracts from fresh leaves or rhizomes of A. zerumbet and their wastes was developed. The main components determined in leaf oil were 1,8-cineol, camp ...