Jump to Main Content
- Li, Shuyi, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.274 pp. 460-470
- anthocyanins; color; colorimetry; condensation reactions; food industry; half life; heat treatment; high performance liquid chromatography; melanoidins; pH; sweet potatoes; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy
- ... Purple sweet potato anthocyanins are common natural pigments widely used in food industry, while they are often thermally processed in application. Degradation of anthocyanins, formation of polymers and color changes of purple sweet potato extract (PSPE) were investigated at 90 °C in the range of pH 3.0–pH 7.0. Data analysis indicated a first-order reaction for anthocyanins degradation in solution ...
- Li, Shuyi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food chemistry 2017 v.215 pp. 391-400
- anthocyanins; caffeic acid; chlorogenic acid; ethanol; pH; polyphenols; proteins; quinic acid; solvents; specific energy; sweet potatoes; temperature; ultrasonic treatment
- ... Ultrasound pre-treatment (UAE) was applied to assist the extraction of valuable compounds (polyphenols (especially anthocyanins), and proteins) from purple sweet potato (PSP). Under optimum conditions (ultrasound time (40min); supplementary hot extraction (80°C) up to 120min; pH: 2.5; ethanol concentration: 58%), the highest concentrations of polyphenols (3.877mg/g), anthocyanins (0.293mg/g), and ...