Jump to Main Content
- Cisneros-Zevallos, Luis, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.174 pp. 188-196
- Myrciaria dubia; acidity; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; fruits; functional foods; homeostasis; juices; models; phenolic compounds; pulp; ripening; total soluble solids; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... The post-harvest nutraceutical characteristics of highly perishable native fruits species from the Northern Brazilian Amazon region were studied during 12day at 15±1°C and 95±3% RH. Uxi and caja fruit showed climacteric behaviour while caju, açai de terra firme, camu-camu, inajá, murici and araçá-boi were non-climacteric. Soluble solids and sugars increased for climacteric fruit while total acidit ...
- Cisneros-Zevallos, Luis, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Food chemistry 2010 v.119 no.4 pp. 1485-1490
- imbibition; seed germination; interspecific variation; seed dormancy; sprouts (food); seeds; quantitative analysis; food composition; plant-based foods; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; phenolic compounds
- ... The aim of this work was to test 13 edible seeds for the levels of phenolic compounds and the antioxidant activity (TAC) at different germination states (dormant, imbibed and 7d sprouts). Selected seeds included mungbean, alfalfa, fava, fenugreek, mustard, wheat, broccoli, sunflower, soybean, radish, kale, lentil and onion. Accumulated phenolics (mg chlorogenic acid equivalent, CAE) and TAC (μg Tr ...