Jump to Main Content
- Jo, Gyuhan; Todorov, Todor I.
- Food chemistry 2019 v.289 pp. 299-307
- staple foods, etc ; arsenic; atomic absorption spectrometry; brown rice; cadmium; copper; endosperm; iron; lead; manganese; mercury; microwave treatment; molybdenum; nickel; nutrients; rice bran; selenium; toxic substances; zinc; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Rice is a staple food in many countries around the world and it is a source of not only the nutrients, but also toxic elements. In this study, we evaluated four degrees of polishing and determined the elemental content (P, S, K, Mn, Fe, Ni, Cu, Zn, As, Se, Mo, Cd, Hg, Pb) in brown rice, rice bran and the resulting white rice using microwave assisted decomposition followed by inductively coupled pl ...
- Kruger, Johanita
- Food chemistry 2016 v.205 pp. 9-13
- staple foods, etc ; corn; corn meal; digestion; human cell lines; iron; models; nutrient deficiencies; pH; phytic acid; socioeconomics; zinc; Sub-Saharan Africa; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... While replacing electrolytic iron with NaFeEDTA in multi-micronutrient fortification-mixes is a popular option, there is no information about the effect on the iron and zinc availabilities in African staple foods. This study evaluated the effects of adding a multi-micronutrient fortification-mix, with no iron, electrolytic iron or NaFeEDTA on the availabilities of iron and zinc from thick and ferm ...