Jump to Main Content
- Nogueira, José M.F., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food chemistry 2016 v.200 pp. 322-329
- Camellia sinensis; Limonium; anti-inflammatory activity; antioxidant activity; coumaric acids; flowers; free radical scavengers; green tea; high performance liquid chromatography; toxicity
- ... This work reports the in vitro antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities and toxicity of infusions and decoctions of Limonium algarvense flowers, and green tea. The total contents in different phenolic groups and the quantification of individual phenolics by HPLC are also reported. L. algarvense and green tea had similar antioxidant properties, except for hydroxyl radical-scavenging activity, h ...
- Nogueira, José M.F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2013 v.141 no.3 pp. 2501-2506
- Lavandula stoechas; acetylcholinesterase; apigenin; bioactive properties; camphor; chelating agents; coumaric acids; essential oils; free radical scavengers; gas chromatography; high performance liquid chromatography; human health; luteolin; malondialdehyde; mass spectrometry; metabolites; metabolomics; rosmarinic acid; Portugal
- ... We investigated the metabolic profile and biological activities of the essential oil and polar extracts of Lavandula pedunculata subsp. lusitanica (Chaytor) Franco collected in south Portugal. Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC–MS) analysis revealed that oxygen-containing monoterpenes was the principal group of compounds identified in the essential oil. Camphor (40.6%) and fenchone (38.0%) w ...