Jump to Main Content
- Achour, Lotfi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food chemistry 2014 v.149 pp. 271-276
- azoxymethane; barley; body weight; colon; dietary fiber; experimental diets; liver; lungs; mucus; rats; secretion
- ... This study was carried out to determine the effect of dietary fibre (DF) of barley Rihane (BR) in the attenuation of colon, liver and lung histopathology alterations induced by azoxymethane (AOM) in rats. Rats were fed a control (C) or experimental diet containing 30% of BR. The intended rats for cancer treatment received two successive subcutaneous injections of azoxymethane (AOM) at 20mg/kg body ...
- Achour, Lotfi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2014 v.145 pp. 578-583
- Hordeum vulgare; antioxidant activity; barley; flavonoids; gallic acid; proanthocyanidins; Tunisia
- ... Four varieties (Rihane, Manel, Roho, and Tej) of Tunisian barley were analysed for their antioxidant activities (AA) using ABTS and DPPH radicals cation, and ferric reducing/antioxidant power (FRAP) methods. The total phenolic (TPC), total flavonoid (TFC) and condensed tannins (CTC) contents were measured. The results indicated that the total phenolic contents ranged from 195.02±0.32 to 220.11±0.3 ...